Retroactive modification


Not exactly a literary device, but I’m trying to find a term for the concept describing something that needs to be modified because of a new development, like we used to call a TV a TV, but now we would more likely say color TV or black and white TV, or smart TV…

Answered question

It could be a modification. There is no such term in literary devices as yet. If there is, we shall immediately update our data.

Answered question