Humans pass through different stages in their lifetime. Among these stages, childhood and school years are mostly spent carefree, where the only things to worry about is grades and keeping up with the trends. As we grow, we get responsible and start a family. Here’s a fantastic quote about growing older. ‘The fun thing about getting older is finding younger people to mentor.’ As the older generation pave the way to the next generation, they leave their jobs. This phase of life is called retirement.
For the people who consider their workplace as their second home, it is an extremely emotional and difficult time. According to Merriam Webster’s, “Retirement is the withdrawal from one’s position or occupation or from one’s active working life.” If a person has to retire early from a position, they may continue to work for a few more years or may also choose to retire partially by reducing work hours.
General Retirement Card Messages
General wishes can be used for anyone as they are more formal. You may give the card along with the bouquet, presents you have purchased for the person retiring on the day of their farewell or a when you get to visit the person at their home or elsewhere. If the person leaving the organization is close to you, handwritten notes will be more personal and meaningful to the receiver.
- For the one who gave his best! Kudos to you. Have a remarkable retired life.
- Wishing you a happy retirement filled with fun and happiness.
- Cheers to the beginning of a new phase in your life. Godspeed.
- Congratulations! It’s your time to spend the rest of your life with your family and not think at all about the work — best wishes on a new chapter in your life.
- May all the years ahead bring you joy and relaxation — happy retired life.
- And you have finally retired! Now you get all the time to do thigs you wanted to before. Congratulations!
- You’ve finally made it to retirement. Time enjoy to your fullest!
- Enjoy the life of retirement. Cheers!
- Get used to the life of not being loaded up with managing juniors or spreadsheets. Congratulations!
- You have climbed your mountain of life. Now its time to enjoy your view.
Messages from Co-Workers/Boss
If you are looking to make your co-worker or a junior employee feel special for the time and dedication he or she has shown to the company, these wishes are great to be used during their farewell party. You can write these notes in the card along with a personalized souvenir.
- Thank you for all that you have done for us. We will miss you. Have a happy retirement.
- You will be missed so much. Do spend little time with us too; you know you can come and visit us anytime. Congratulations on your retirement.
- It was such fun and a really great learning experience with you. Have a happy retirement life.
- It was a pleasure working with you. Congratulations on your retirement. Have a great one.
- Name, you are one of the hardest workers we have known, and you will be missed a lot.
- You were one of a kind and irreplaceable. We will miss you.
- Thank you for being such a patient tutor, mentor, and a helpful co-worker.
- You and your unbeatable contribution to this organization will always be remembered.
- My/Our best wishes on your retirement.
- Enjoy the freedom you have enjoyed. Let’s catch up soon.
Funny Retirement Messages
Not every retirement messages with farewell notes have to be grim or sad. A message with humor and personal touch will cheer them up and help them prepare their non-working, resting days with ease. However, you may want to avoid these messages to your superior and the person who is not too close to you.
- Have fun doing nothing but chilling all your days from now on. Congratulations!
- Cheers to life for watching grandkids here on. You can be a grumpy babysitter. Congratulations on your retirement!
- Congratulations on entering a life where every day is a weekend!
- Welcome to happy Mondays.
- Its time for you to pursue a degree in NOTHING. Congratulations on your retirement.
Messages from Family
Most people who are nearing retirement from their jobs begin to worry a lot about being misunderstood. However, the family can use this opportunity and reassure him or her. With these wishes, you can let them know that they have worked hard all their life, and it is time to rest.
- Now the fun begins. Congratulations!
- Cheers to a happy and healthy retirement. I am/We are sure there are plenty of books just waiting to be read by you.
- I have seen your work beyond your limits and still never gave up. You deserve all this time for yourself. Congratulations on your retirement.
- You have finally retired! Now it time to spend all your time with us and solely us.
- You worked and worked for us throughout most of your life, now it’s your time to enjoy with us for the rest of your life.