Mother’s Day is internationally celebrated to honor and express gratitude to all the mothers, celebrate motherhood and maternal bonds through adoption. Anna Jarvis, founded Mother’s Day celebration as a holiday when her mother expressed the desire. After Anna’s mother died, she led the movement to honor her in 1908. As Mother’s day observation grew worldwide, the commercialization with it grew as well. Anna Jarvis distant herself due to the increased hype and tried to take it out of the effect in vain.
Mother’s Day is similar to Father’s Day, Grandparent’s Day and Siblings Day, all these occasions are internationally celebrated mostly alongside the United States. They also have separated dates depending on the country. In the United States, Mother’s Day is celebrated in 2nd Sunday of May. In the UK Mother’s Day is celebrated on the fourth Sunday of the Lent season. It is also called a Mothering Sunday. During this day, mothers all over the world are given flowers, cards, and presents.
In many cultures, it is said that when a woman gives birth to a child, she is given a new life and becomes a mother at that moment. Any woman who raises a child, whether adopted or foster, also deserves the same love and respect as a biological mother. A mother nurtures the child and even sacrifices her comfort, sleep, and wishes to raise a child. Even the working mothers, though hard, do their best to give time and love to their child(ren). Hence, a hand-written card with flowers or presents are the perfect ways to let a mother know how much she means to you.
- Happy Mother’s Day to the purest and most beautiful soul I know. I love you, Mum/Mummy/Mom/Mommy/Mama/Mama/Ma!
- You know, nothing can ever beat the love of a mother. Happy Mother’s Day, Mum/Mummy/Mom/Mommy/Mama/Mama/Ma.
- Mum/Mummy/Mom/Mommy/Mama/Mama/Ma, I miss the sinful cake you always made on this day. Happy Mother’s Day!
- There is not a day goes by that I don’t miss you, Mum/Mummy/Mom/Mommy/Mama/Mama/Ma. Happy Mother’s Day.
- Thank you for all the unconditional love, Ma. Happy Mother’s Day.
There are very few men in the world who appreciate a woman’s sacrifice and acknowledge their role in maintaining their family. Without a wife’s contribution, a house can never run. A mother’s day is an excellent opportunity for all the married men to honor their wives and do something special for them on Mother’s Day.
- My dearest, Name, I couldn’t ask for a better mother to our children. You are the best, sweetheart. Happy Mother’s Day.
- I am not only the luckiest to have you as my wife, but also our children are the most fortunate to have you as their mother. Happy Mother’s Day, Name.
- What would we all do without you, My dearest, Name? You are the best mother and the best wife in the world!
- Happy Mother’s Day, My dearest, Name. Our children and I cannot thank you enough for what you do for us.
- Thank you so much for making our home the happiest place to be. Happy Mother’s Day, my dearest, Name.
Mother’s day is perfect timing to wish your maternal grandmother and paternal grandmother. They raise our parents and are known to spoil grandchildren when parents are a little too strict on them.
- Happy Mother’s Day, Granny/grandma. Thank you for all the delicious cakes and cookies.
- Thank you for the love you put in Granny/grandma. Happy Mother’s Day.
- We all love you so much, Granny/Grandma. Happy Mother’s Day.
- Thanks for always spoiling me with your love and food. Happy Mother’s Day, Granny/Grandma.
- Happy Mother’s Day, Granny/Grandma. Remembering you on this day more than ever for all the love and support you gave.
Unlike most of the stories that circulate on the media, mother in laws are usually hands-on, supporting the couple to raise a child. In Eastern cultures, most women choose to live with their in-laws. While they go to work, mother-in-law looks after the grandchild. Mother’s Day is perfect timing to let your mother-in-law know how much you love her.
- You accepted me as I am, thank you so much. Happy Mother’s Day.
- I cannot thank you enough for giving me the love of my life. Happy Mother’s Day.
- How lucky I am to get a mother in law like you. Thank you for everything. Happy Mother’s Day.
- Thank you for the warm welcome and support you give me. Happy Mother’s Day.
- I would like you to know that you are more than just a mother in law to me. Happy Mother’s Day.
Quotes on Mother
- “It may be possible to gild pure gold, but who can make his mother more beautiful?” —Mahatma Gandhi
- “My mother was my role model before I even knew what that word was.” —Lisa Leslie
- “My mother is a walking miracle.” —Leonardo DiCaprio
- “We are born of love; love is our mother.” —Rumi
- “All that I am, or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.” —Abraham Lincoln