The tradition of marriage was introduced in the ancient societies which lead to the institution of the family. The culture began to differ from place to place. However, the wedding still remains prominent in every country; it’s culture and for the intended couple. A Wedding is a marriage ceremony. Before weddings, the bride to be and the groom to be, send out invitations to their families, friends, and colleagues.
A few times when the invited person cannot attend the wedding, they choose to send wishes by posting a card. Also, the guests write notes on a card along with the presents they bring for the newly wedded couple. Writing wishes can be difficult when you are trying to find the right words to put on the card. Here are a few situations and examples you can use while writing the wedding cards.
Example 1 – Formal Wishes
If you are invited to the wedding of a colleague or a group member or an acquaintance, you can choose to write the wishes in a formal tone. These wishes can also be included in the presents.
- Congratulations on your wedding and best wishes for your future.
- It’s wonderful to see two people in love to start something new together. Congratulations!
- ‘Your spouse’s name’ and I are happy for you, and our wishes are with you as you celebrate your marriage/wedding.
- My/Our best wishes to the amazing couple. May your life be filled with happiness.
- Thank you for inviting us/me to your wedding, wishing you both the very best for your future.
Example 2 – Casual Wishes
If you are a close friend to the bride or the groom or even both; you can choose to be less formal. Hence, casual wishes are widely used for the people we are close to. These wishes apply if you include the gifts too.
- Here’s to the new and a long loving Lot’s love and wishes from – your name.
- Dear ‘Name of your friend & bride/groom, it’s a wonderful day to celebrate you All the best!
- I/We want to wish you both a long life together and lots of happiness, love, and joy on your special day.
- I/We are so happy to celebrate your wedding and these special moments with you and ‘groom’s name/bride’s name. Wish you a long and happy life together.
- Our/My hearty congratulations on your wedding. Don’t forget to keep love at your center.
Example 3 – Wishes to a family member
It doesn’t matter if you are from a traditional or a non-traditional family. If you are welcome the bride or the groom into your family and you are either a sibling of the bride/groom, an uncle or an aunt or a grandparent, you must make the bride/groom feel welcomed.
- May all the happiness and joy of the world fill your life. I have gained a new sister / brother / daughter / grandchild this day. Welcome to the family!
- We are so delighted to celebrate this day with you and welcome you to our pack.
- My sister/brother has found love, and all the happiness arrived with you. Wish you a happy married life and welcome to the family.
- It is a happy day as we added one more member into the family. I am/We are so happy for you both and wish you a wonderful new life together.
- I always wanted a brother/sister and as my sister/brother married you this day – I got one! Congratulations to you both and welcome to the ‘SURNAME NAME’ family.
Example 4 – Wishes from parents
If your son or daughter is getting married – you might be spending an extravagant sum of amount to throw a grand wedding. Most parents also give special presents with personal notes on it.
- Dear ‘name of your son/daughter’, I know ‘Name of the bride/groom,’ and you will be great together. I am so happy for you! I want to give you something special on your wedding day.
- We/I love you both and wish nothing but happiness in your lives. It is wonderful to have ‘Name of the bride/groom’ into our family. Congratulations!
- There are no words to express our joy to see you marry ‘Name of the bride/groom’ this day. We/I wish you all the happiness. We/I believe I am not losing my son/daughter but adding another into our family.
- In your life together you may face many storms and challenges. Remember to hold on to each other, that’s how love grows. We/I am excited to welcome ‘Name of the bride/groom’ into the family.
- Seeing you and ‘name of the bride/groom making promises to each other was wonderful and inspiring. We wish you all the happiness as you start your new life together.
Example 5 – Wishes with humor
If you are very close to the bride or the groom a little funny, sarcastic and jokes can bring a smile on their faces. However, it is better not to go overboard and use jokes that humiliate their relationship or family.
- Congrats! Now that you’re getting married, I/we have a chance to enjoy a free meal and drink at your wedding.
- Your wedding brought ‘the end’ to your love and now kickstart your marriage life without getting on each other’s nerves. Congrats dude/girl!
- Every year I’d buy a birthday present for you, now I have to buy two plus your wedding anniversary. Congratulations on taking your relationship to the next level!
- Thank you for choosing ‘destination wedding’ and for the free food and vacation. Wish you a very happy life together.
- If you want your marriage to last long and stay successful, learn to say ‘yes’ for everything. You’ll get used to it! Congrats to you both.